Monday 14 December 2009

shopping heaven

Let's start from the morning!! Woke up to find a lovely gift for the little one from his daddy.....a gorgeous dinner set.....it's just the cutest design....just a shame the food doesn't stay in the bowl but rather tipped out on the table!! oh well....


Did a quick tidy up and decided to take a brisk walk to the market!.....just in case I got carried away with shopping and had no time for exercise!! which is exactly what happend! I am sooooo predictable!
Oh I was in shopping heaven, it was just my day today!
Went to the charity shops ,hoping to find something interesting or unusual!
This is my haul........

What did I find?.... knitting needles and knitting magazines......yes I am going to attempt to knit, haven't tried since my school days so it may take some time to get the hang of it but watch this space......
I found a great book called......

love the writng inside,very simple, authentic, nourishing recipes ,I am so excited to try some of them out.

The blue ornament is a candle holder,I just love the colour and the shape is very unusual!..I bought a cute notepad for my daughter and organic top {still had the label on}for my son.
And the lantern.....well I couldn't resist....it is new ,not from the charity shop but was a bargain at £5!!.......
So I got all my goodies for under £10 ........oh.....I am ever so pleased with myself....and thankful of course!!

So no exercise today, I have to rush off now to make nourishing supper for the family....on the menu tonight is...roast shoulder of lamb, rice and green salad.......

Leave you with this thought:

There is no sight on earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves.
~Thomas Wolfe

1 comment:

  1. haha....I seriously think Im going to frame that quote and hang it in the kitchen.....

    ReplyDelete