Tuesday 20 April 2010

Sunny dreams....

I love the sun...I love nature....I love peace and quiet.....
I am dreaming of a spaces like this......
But for now I have to{ positively} accept my 1st floor London flat with shared overlooked garden that is used by the neighbourhood  terrors cats as a toilet!
I have decided to take the little one to the park after dropping kids at school for sun and nature nourishment.And then the older ones after school for their fun in the sun....
My dreams of opening the french doors onto my own garden,eating and watching the kids play outside....sipping sparkling lemon water ...soaking in the nourishing sun rays...will come{inshallah}....patience is all that is needed...and a positive attitude in the meantime...


As much as I love the sun and believe that it is good and needed for better health....if I know I am going to be out at the wrong time of day,for hours with no trees for shade....protection is needed.I wear a head scarf and I absolutely hate my scarf tan that I acquire on my face in the summer time. I have tried so many sunblocks...natural and those not so.....all seem to trigger sore eyes for me and I still get the scarf tan......and from my latest research ,it seems that even some of the natural brands still react with the sun on your skin causing more damage than protection. I found this site that has some interesting findings about some of the products we use.I thought of ordering this and giving it a try!But then I read this and now I'm thinking maybe sunblock isn't such a good idea!I think I need all the vitamin D I can get!...Wearing a hat is an option...although it does look quite odd! In the above article the author did mention the following in the comments section....
From people living in Australia (out working out in the sun a lot), they say that if you:
- eat lots of unrefined coconut oil
- eat cruciferous veggies, especially broccoli sprouts
- take spirulina
- then apply unrefined coconut oil topically to your skin
That provides the best protection.
What do you all think and use?

Just a little update.....
I had my first bit of chocolate yesterday since the challenge ended! I have kept up with the no sugar no wheat.I am feeling and looking so much better ..no bread or chocolate could lure me back! I enjoyed the chocolate moment and then left it behind....I don't need it....its such a brief moment of enjoyment with huge consequences.Still weighing in at 64 kilos...and haven't started exercising again yet. But I am feeling positive! With kids back at school I started oil pulling again with coconut oil this time....and using salt to brush my teeth until I find a tooth powder recipe! yippee for positive change!

Thought for the day...

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,but anyone can make a new ending.
Maria Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment