* Ayurveda maintains that Ghee is a vital food for healthy skin, mental clarity and good digestion. It also helps the body assimilate nutrients.
* Ghee is salt and lactose free so it is beneficial for those who can't drink milk or eat cheese.
* Ghee is said to have anti-cancer and anti-viral properties.
* Contains CLA or conjugated linolenic acid which aids weightloss, especially stubborn belly fat and has been shown to slow the progress of some types of cancer and heart disease.
* We all need healthy fats in our diet and Ghee is an easily digestible source of saturated fat that contains no trans fats or hydrogenated fats. Ghee, however, is low in the essential omega 3 fatty acids you need for good brain health so supplementation with omega 3's is a needed for a healthy diet.It also has a high smoking point so is good for cooking with..ie:doesn't burn easily and turn into nasty free radicals..
This is what I did.......
Would love to hear of anyone with more experience of making ghee....or if anyone gives it a go, how it turned out.
I love empire line dresses and maxi dresses....but I never find any in the shops that fit all in the right places...found this lovely pattern.....from Anna Maria now I just wish I could sew!! I would probably tone the colours down...but I love it!
Thought for the day...
If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution. ~Author Unknown